A last minute trip, with tickets and accommodations booked within the same week. Pricey, but worth it, in my personal opinion.
Sure, we spent close to RM 3k. To me though, the memories, are priceless.
We departed from KL on Friday, after work. And as luck would have it, we bumped into each other at the train station at KL Sentral. A pleasant surprise indeed. Upon arrival, we roamed around town and managed to snag supper. Roasted pork leg soup and the classic spicy fish tomyam.
The next day, we decided to rent a scooter and rode to the beach which was 10+km away, but a journey that took approx. 40 minutes. It was definitely an experience, considering how I never rode a scooter before. I got me a tattoo, a semicolon with a heart to replace the full stop atop the comma. A semicolon to pay tribute to the Semicolon Project, which aims to promote mental health, in particularly depression and suicidal tendencies.
The tattoo is dear to me, in that, friends and family around me are affected by mental illness. Also, I'm prone to self harm and depression. I will not forget that 2-3 weeks, where the 'breakup' shook me to the core, and I gave in to depression and cutting. The quote behind the Semicolon Project is this:
' A semicolon is used when the author decides not to end the sentence. I am the author of my story, and the sentence is my life.'
We met with a minor accident on the way back. She got off with a bruise to the knee and a few lacerations. Me, I have a bruise on my butt, and a couple of blisters on the leg. Naturally, the scooter wasn't undamaged.
The next day, we went on the Phi Phi Island tour on a speedboat. It was a good time spent, and beautiful pictures taken. She bought the framed picture of the both of us, which I insisted that she kept it.
Day 3, we went on the James Bond Island tour on a big boat. This time, the day started out sour, with me accidentally knocking the bag into the sea. The bag, containing important documents and our passports. She was angry and yelled at me. The tour itself was alright, with the highlights being the kayaking sessions and some pictures. En route back, we decided to get a room at Patong Beach, and check out the nightlife at Bangla Road.
We had drinks there, and hit a pub at the corner of the road. The live band was fabulous and the drinks decent. Surprisingly, her tolerance was lower then mine, and she was definitely tipsy when we walked back.
Day 4, well. Day 4 was spent working and burning under the sun. We parted ways at the airport when we arrived back in KL.
I had fun. The trip served to show me that she does care, but not entirely in a non-platonic manner. Probably more like a very close friend. Part of me is sadden by this. I love her, as a friend and companion. Yet, I also hold romantic feelings for her. I suppose, it's really time to move on, somehow.
No comments:
Post a Comment