Well. Before I start off the actual post, I wanted to post an update on the previous. As it turns out, happily married lady is in an open relationship. So, it's all good again (pardon the horn dog sticking out it's tongue)
Right, so talking about contemplation. I was lying in bed, almost nodding off, when this thought struck me: What do I want in life. With that, say bye bye to Beauty Sleep. All of a sudden, a torrent flood of questions started crowding around. Where do I want to be at. What do I want in terms of career. What am I looking for. What are my life goals. What direction am I heading for. What AM I doing with my life now. How do I go about achieving what I want to achieve. What DO I want to achieve.
What. Where. Why. How. Who.
Thanks WH family for paying me a visit in the dead of the night.
I reckon. The most pressing and fundamental position goes to What.
What do I want in life:
- A steady income, preferably a 5 figured one.
- A steady side income, from the various investments.
- A family. A partner that adores me, and maybe kids. A couple would do.
- Financial freedom to do what I want, when I want, how I want, with whom I want.
Where am I currently in relation to achieving what I want in life:
- Halfway there.
- There's some side income, but not quite as steady. Growing at an average speed, considering the current economical situation
- Nowhere near. I'm not even out to my family, and probably will not in the near future. Besides, there's no potential candidate as yet. Why bother rocking the boat. Let lying dogs lie.
- Saddled with a mortgage, various insurances and a car loan. Nowhere close in this aspect either.
What are the various aspects to my life that needs to be managed:
- The car loan. Probably due in 3 years or so
- The mortgage. Considering the location of the condo, my financial situation, as well as my job location, it's not quite as practical to stay there. Odds are I'd probably rent/lease it out. It'll help with the mortgage payment too.
- Migration. I'll be 30 next year. It's time to kick start the migration process. Start off by taking my IELTS. Academic grade, no less.
- Career. With me aiming to kick start the migration process next year. What kind of career/job prospects am I look at/for? Do I tell my manager about my plans? This requires further consideration from all angles.
- Parents. Again, as the by results of my migration decision, what am I going to do with my folks? If I can't settle on a win-win solution, I might not even kick start the migration process. Yet, this migration/PR thing, is something I want, for my future.
So many things to take into consideration. My head hurts. More contemplation for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment