Monday, May 22, 2017

Epiphany

So it was a pretty good weekend, despite the fact that my calves hurt like a m*****f*****.

I caught up with SP on Saturday afternoon, and Joanne that same night. Talking to SP, made me realize just how fortunate I am to have her in my life. We met in, 2004. That's 12 years of friendship. Despite that small gap where I consciously avoided her while I dealt with my emotions, we're pretty tight.

Not in the sense that we talk daily, but rather, somehow, we're always there for each other. Poor girl is facing the decision of her life: To marry or not to marry. Well. Relationship issues. Towards the end, we briefly talked about me. My decision is an even bigger decision than hers: To pursue the PR or not to.

With Joanne, we caught up a fair bit, again, on the relationship part. She shared about her past relationships and her concerns. We talked about me and my relationships, or lack of. Going home that night, we continued talking for a bit.

The conclusions I drew from talking to Joanne, is that, command of the language, English, is a big deal for me. As submissive and willing to compromise as I am, I can't be attracted to someone who's not good with communicating in English. This is because I'm most comfortable with this language. Malay is fine, Chinese is ok, but the deal clincher is English.

This re-affirms the fact that, intelligence is a huge turn on for me. Being able to banter and trade remarks gets me all heated up. I suppose, that's a reason why I'm not quite as attracted to Chinese as compared to other races. That, is the pivoting reason why I'm so attracted to Nana. Sasi comes in 2nd, purely because of his gender.

I realize, I don't care about height, looks or education level. I care that the other party has to be financially independent, and is able to carry on a conversation. Doesn't quite matter if she's short or tall, good looking or not, with a degree or not. As long as they can support themselves financially, and we can click on a conversational level, it's enough for me.

With SP, we talked about expectations, actions and reactions. My impression was that, her mindset has changed from a 'we' perspective, to a 'me' perspective, and I told her this. She agreed. She, has come to a point of no return. The only thing holding her back, is the fact that it's been 6-7 years of being together, and that there's a sense of reluctance. 'When a person ceases to be angry or to bother caring, all that's left is a sea of disappointment.'

I'm slowly getting there, with Nana, to be honest. Joanne keeps telling me not to bother with her, she just doesn't know that I'm getting more than a bit frustrated. It feels like, nothing I do is going to get through. I'm definitely infatuated with Nana. Yet, I feel like I'm getting the cold shoulder. And that hurts.

Both my calves and my heart hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment