Thursday, January 12, 2017

Catch Up

So I realized, I've been neglecting this for some time. I'll do a proper catch up.... eventually.

Now on to something more current. CNY is practically around the corner. And before that, it's the Bangkok trip! This trip is special, not because of the location or the possibilities of stocking up on my favorite medicated oil, but because for the 1st time in forever, A. Ju is coming along, without U. Charles! I've always loved hanging with A. Ju. It's just that in recent years, it's difficult to get her alone.

But in preparation for this trip, I need desperately, to lose more weight. Currently weighting in at 66.4kg, it's an achievement already, given the fact that I only started in September 2016. Of course, my dream has always been to maintain the figure at 55kg. However, people have been warning me not to lose too much, otherwise will look haggard. I'm not sure. I believe, I've been a 55kg before, don't quite remember looking haggard then. Maybe 'cause I was still young. *shrugs*

Going to the gym has become quite the change in lifestyle for me. Even the change in diet. I realize, I don't miss what I love quite as badly as I thought I would. I mean, cheese, chocolate, alcohol. Yea, I do want them once a while, but I don't quite crave or long for them much. Another thing I realized as well, is that, I've not been experiencing muscle aches for quite some time. I used to get really tight, tense shoulder muscles. I suppose, this would be something I'll be looking to maintain going forward.

I'm starting to understand, why people keep hitting the gym. It's almost like a form of addiction, albeit a good one. From a scientific point of view, exercising releases endorphins, which makes you feel good. A positive feedback to the nervous system, and humans react to positive reinforcements. Hence, they keep going back to the gym, if only 'cause there's so many various equipment for general usage. Another positive reinforcement is when you have a rocking smoking hot bod. When you look good, you feel good. Doesn't hurt when you get admiring looks either. I'd admit, I find myself admiring myself in the mirror more often now, even though I'm not at that stage where I find myself smoking yet.

Lifestyle aside, work is another kettle of fish. It's been a challenging 2016, and it looks to be a continued trend this year. With such turbulence in the beginning of the year, it's easy to buy into the idea that the Rooster year isn't good for Rabbits. Challenges, both internal and external, are aplenty, and it's prudent to keep a low profile. So, note to self: procrastinate less, and be more focused on the right things at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment