So it's been quite a while since I last blogged, or wrote something for that matter. Some call it writer's block, some say it's a lack of muse. Me? They the same. Different names for the situation. Right. That's why I've decided to start blogging again. I'm hoping, that as therapeutic as this can be, it'll help get them creative juices flowing again.
I don't expect much feedback, or many readers for that matter, mainly because this is more for me, than it is for any commercial purposes/reasons. With that being said, let's get started on, well, me!
Just a short background information on me (yes, I'm aware it's beginning to sound like some interview process). Do forgive me if I sound rather self centered, or if I'm rambling. Sometimes, I just tend to go on a tangent.
OK! I'm 28 this year, whatever is left of this year anyway. In 2017, I'll be 29, and a year older, and closer to the big 3-0. Am I terrified? Let's see, not really? I'm feeling kind of desensitized to the whole thing. Relationship status? Single. Sexual preference? Solely batting for the other team, but, since I believe sexuality is fluid, I'm not writing off the idea of possibly getting it on with the opposite sex.
I reckon, the main reason why I never really had the time nor inclination to blog, was because my previous job hours were in the afternoon. Like, I'd start in the afternoon, and finish past midnight. Definitely wasn't conducive for any blogging. I changed jobs during the start of 2016, which also sparked the beginning of changes.
Let's recap the happenings of 2016, shall we? I find December a good month for reminiscence.
I started out the year with a new job, a new car, and a new gf. A few months down the road, we broke up. Life went on. Started doing stuff I've never done, like, attending my country's independence day assembly with friends. Signed up at the gym, and started losing weight and burning fat. Attended my 1st MPO performance with mom (this is recent! Just happened last week)
Now, I'm pretty happy with my decent enough progress in getting my health back. So much so that I actually signed up for the Spartan Race - Sprint that would be happening next year. My inspiration? American Ninja Warrior. That TV show ignited this desire in me to be in the best physical condition that I can be. Seeing contestants that are 30, 40 years old being able to overcome the obstacles and complete the course makes you feel ashamed about your own physical condition (AKA bad and out of shape)
Phew! That looks like some decent length. Michelle was right, blogging, writing in general, is therapeutic. Great way to organize my thoughts too and provides the illusion of talking to someone (prevents cabin fever! Or so I was told) There's only so much talking to one's own-self before people label you as being touched in the head aka crazy aka insane aka out of her/his mind.
With that being said, what was your 2016 like, dear readers of mine (assuming there's even any)?
And...... *drum rolls* I'm signing off! Till next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment