Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Indoors

So it's a bright sunny day today. Yet, here I am, stuck indoors. Why? Downside of being in the service industry, is that if your service area includes and extents beyond your home country, you'll still need to be available. Plus point? I get to claim an additional day off in lieu. So it's not all bad.

Since I'm stuck indoors, I might as well make the most out of it. This includes doing the laundry (yes, it's done. Clothes out sunbathing right now), mopping the floor (I'll get to that in a bit) and get some hardcore cooking done. (Hardcore as in, anything other than my usual steaming or blanching)

Don't get me wrong. I've no qualms cooking. Just that, with the schedule I keep (work and gym), it's hard to do more complicated cooking. The upside to this is that my cooking is super simple, and quite healthy (well, no oil goes a long way!). The downside? Lack of variety and diverse flavors. It's like being in prison, you get the standard meal. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

That being said, the goal is to shed as much KG in as short a time as possible, with the word sustainable in the foreground. At the same time, up the fitness level (much easier when you lighter). So to shed them blubber, minimal carbs. Which, totally sucks, because being Asian, means meals revolve around carbs. Go to any hawker center, you'll see the wares are either various kinds of noodles, soup or dry, or rice. Think: pork noodles, prawn mee, chicken rice, mixed rice. See my point? An uphill battle, for sure!

Right. I've ran out of steam for now. Time to get back to earning that cold hard cash that makes the world go round. Ah money, gold. Can't live without 'em!

With that being said, I've just discovered an old song: Where Are You Now - Honor Society

Ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment